Saturday, January 26, 2013

18 Months!

You turned 18 months old last Sunday.  Here are some things about you:

You are 19lbs, 6oz and 29.5 inches tall

You love to try to sing the ABCs and you love doing the actions to “the wheels on the bus”.  My favorite is when I sing “the mommies on the bus go ‘shh, shh, shh’” and you put your little finger up to your mouth and say “shh, shh, shh”.  You do the same things when we go to the library and I tell you that we have to be quiet. 

We’ve been listening to 2 CDs by Dino O’Dell in the car that you seem to enjoy.  During the 3 second pause between the songs you clap your hands and exclaim “MORE?! MORE?!”  I have to admit that I also enjoy the music, which Daddy thinks is funny.    

You crack me up when you nod your head and get a serious look on your face and say "gentle, gentle" while slowly stroking or face, or hair, a book page, a baby, the dogs, etc.  Whenever you get to rough with something we just say "Quinn, be gentle." and you nod your head and say "gentle, gentle".

You like to try to put on your hats and gloves and wear them around the house.  You've been giving lots of scowls lately which makes me laugh.
 








 You love to "help" me cook.  Here we are making some healthy muffins with 2 whole oranges (peel and everything), flax seeds, oat and wheat germs, whole wheat flour . . . and some yummy brown sugar of course. :)

  

Playing dress up with your best friends.


January Christmas Party with some old Mizzou friends.




Bucket Head! Here you are signing "please" because you are obsessed with c-r-a-c-k-e-r-s.




Here is your first manicure!  Beautiful blue nails.  You did a great job sitting still on my lap and letting me paint your tiny nails.



You are obsessed with drinking water out of my cup.  You can reach up on my bedside table now, so you take it down and then eventually you pull the straw out and the water gets dumped all over the carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment