Friday, June 6, 2014

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago...

Life is good. Especially when the baby sleeps well and Quinn eats well. My heart is happy. I love summer, it's my favorite season. And almost all the good things about summer were wrapped up into the last two days. Tuesday we went to the zoo. We grilled veggie fajitas, and corn, and asparagus. Quinn played in the sandbox. We watered our garden. Yesterday we played in the pool and with bubbles.  The only things missing were Daddy (who was in OK) and the lake.

I love summer. I love hot and sweaty days. I love messy kids. I love Quinn running around in her underwear, getting sandy and then getting in the pool. I love watering the grass and the garden and getting soaking wet with her. I love drinking my morning coffee outside and listening to lawn mowers in the neighbors' yards. I love nice evenings with the smell of the citronella candle and a glass of wine. I love sunny days at the zoo with the smell of sunscreen and so much learning and exploration to be had. I love fresh fruits and veggies, raw and cool or on the grill, then wrapped up in a tortilla or eaten with greasy fingers. I love grilled veggies tossed in olive oil and salt and pepper- simple and so delicious. I love barbecues with friends.  Pool parties with the kids.  Nice walks and talks with Jeff, the kids, and the dogs. Picnics up on the small, private nook of the Nelson yard that we found,  great for playing on the sculptures.  I love the clothes I'm most comfortable in- T-shirts, cotton shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops. Even with the frustrations of my ever changing body in between sizes from the last three and a half years of pregnancy, post baby, nursing, and around again - at least I feel comfortable on most of my days home or out-and-about in this casual attire that fits and allows me to interact with my kids and their messiness. 

Thank you God for summer, your creation, and all of our interactions with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment