Monday, October 7, 2013

39 weeks!

Dear Baby Boy,

We are ready for you to come whenever you are ready!  Daddy and I finished your room yesterday.  The house is fairly clean.  I don't have much packed in the hospital bag but I'm sure I can throw things together when the time comes.  I really hope that you decide to come within the next week or so and not stay in forever there like your sister.  We are all very excited to meet you!

Love,
Mommy

So here we are again in the strange period of waiting, except this time there is even more to not be able to plan for, like who will take care of Quinn.  It all depends on the day and time of day.  I know it will all work out, we have tons of friends and family support, it's just the weirdest feeling to be waiting for this epic thing to happen and have no idea when it will happen (within a three week span) or how it will all go down.

I'm feeling ok.  The worst part is that I've had a soar throat for the last week and have not been getting much sleep, mostly bc of that.  I'm uncomfortable but only because I want to be able to bend and move and pick up and carry Quinn.  We went to the apple farm this weekend which was on my list of things I really wanted to do as a family before the baby came.  I am planning on taking Q to Deanna Rose Farmstead one last time tomorrow.  Then my weeks are free for the baby to come, except for Jude's birthday party on Saturday. :) 

Of course I am praying to go into labor on my own so I can labor at home for most of it and go into the hospital when I am ready.  Praying to not be hooked up to anything, free to move around, and that labor and pushing would be "quick" and somewhat peaceful.  Praying for a healthy, beautiful baby in my arms and a smooth transition into breast feeding.   Thank you Lord for this miracle that you are growing inside of me.  Thank you that Quinn has been sleeping well at night and taking nice, long naps. Thank you that she is so excited to meet her brother and that she will be a big helper. Thank you for the amazing blessing of a family and a love that is anchored in You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment