Friday, October 25, 2013

Sawyer- 2 weeks old

Dear Sawyer,

Today you are two weeks old!  You are the sweetest baby.  Usually content, a good eater, sleeping away most of the day.  You sleep pretty well at night, just waking up once and twice to eat.  Today you got your tongue clipped :( I'm hoping that it helps with breastfeeding, which is still painful on the left side, but that could also be because of thrush which we have meds for. 

I love you so much.  When I have the chance to sit quietly and look at you while you nurse or sleep in my arms, I am amazed at how God created such a tiny, complex, perfect little person inside of me.  You were truly knit together in my womb.

My favorite Psalm says it all.  It's my prayer for you each day.  That you would know the Lord and how precious you are to Him.

Psalm 139: 13-18
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

I love you, always and forever,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment