Saturday, September 28, 2013

Grandpa Bill and Grandma Wendy's Wedding Weekend! (add prof. pics later)

My dad and Wendy got married two weeks ago!  We've been waiting for this day for so long and it turned out perfect.  The wedding and reception were beautiful, the weather was absolutely perfect, the bride and groom were glowing.  It was more then just a union of two people but of two families, 6 kids, 1.5 grandchildren . . . a beautiful story of redemption.

Here you are Thursday morning as we are getting packed and ready to start our trip to STL.  
You look ready for a wedding alright!

Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.












Wedding morning is here!  
We started getting things decorated and set up at the Hawkin House for the wedding and reception.  
It was such a beautiful space for an outdoor wedding and an inside for the dinner and dancing.


 We had a great time getting our hair done.  I actually LOVED how mine looked.  
In fact they did a great job on all of our hairs.










Wedding ceremony pictures will go here!!

The ceremony was wonderful.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  The 6 of us "kids" and our two parents look beautiful/handsome.  Dad and Wendy wrote their own special vows and had an epically disgusting kiss.  Quinn did a great job as flower girl- she walked all the way down the aisle, stood in front, turned the basket upside down, and dumped all the flowers out onto the ground.  It was perfect.



Our big happy family :)
After pictures we entered the reception to the theme of The Brady Bunch, which was so perfect.









Dancing the night away...







I have to say that Quinn and I killed the dance floor.  For a 8.5 months pregnant momma and a 2 year old who usually goes to bed at 8pm, we were pretty awesome that night.  Quinn didn't want to leave and managed to keep herself on the dance floor (or at least in someones arms on the dance floor) until nearly 10:30pm!  Jeff kept trying to take her home to put her to bed, but it's hard to get out the door with so many adoring family members and a little dancing queen.  I was tired but decided to stay until the very end to dance and help clean up.  My sweet cousin Marikate told me that she loved watching me dancing with Quinn on top of my very pregnant belly and how she wants that and can see that I was made to be a momma.  My sister also danced the night away like a party animal and even got Alex #2 dancing and smiling and having a good time.  
It was the perfect day.  I am so happy for my dad and Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment