Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quinn's Play Kitchen!! (late post)

So I think that I completely forgot to post the photos of the play kitchen I made for Quinn this Spring!  Below are the photos, although they are pretty terrible photos, bad lightening and my iPhone don't mix.  I got this entertainment center off Craigslist for FREE and made Jeff go pick it up.  Of course he almost didn't end up taking it because it is SOLID and super heavy.  But I'm glad it solid because hopefully that means it will be durable and our grandchildren will some day play with it.  :)

So, Jeff picked up the entertainment center in November maybe? and it sat on our porch all. winter. long. because it was too heavy to bring in (couldn't put it in the basement, no room inside to do the work on it, etc.) and I couldn't get much done on it outside during those cold yucky months.  So finally in April we had a few nice days (and also some snowy ones).  And I was finally able to work on it.  I actually sanded and primed it over the winter when we had some nicer days.  Once Spring came, I painted on several coats of blue and gray, made all the cuts, etc. etc.  It was good to have to time over the winter to obsess over all the ideas on Pinterest, draw out a plan of actions, make lists of things I needed to buy, what I could get used, what I had, etc., and choose paint colors (that took forever).












No comments:

Post a Comment