Friday, May 2, 2014

Dear Sawyer- end of 6 months

Dear Sawyer,

You are almost 7 months old!  You love to eat food.  You are mostly a happy, easy boy.  Whenever someone makes eye contact with you and smiles or gives you attention, your face lights up and you give them the biggest, sweetest grin.  You'll let anyone hold you and have had no problems being left in the nursery at church or BSF.  You love being around other kids, but I'd say you are most enthralled by your big sister.  No one can make you smile or laugh like she can.  

We are working on sleep after a couple of rough nights (teething?) and you seem to be getting back into the swing of things and are usually able to put yourself to sleep after a couple minutes.  If you wake in the middle of a nap or the night (if its after midnight I nurse you) I just pick you up and rock you for a minute to calm you and then put you back down.  So far that is working *fingers crossed*.  :)

When we went to your 6 month appointment, Dr. Moylan said you looked perfect.  He looked at your growth chart and said, "He's perfect, just perfect! Sawyer is it hard to be so perfect?!"  Oh Dr. Moylan, you know just what a momma needs to hear.  :)  He reminded me of his thoughts on food saying that I can feed you anything soft or mushed up, except for honey.  I said that I had already given you several different food to try: baby foods, various soft roasted veggies, green smoothie, etc.  He made a joke about how by the time they were on the forth child they weren't even phased when he stole the dog's rawhide to chew on.  :p  This week you tried you sister's peanut butter toast, and you LOVED it.

We are getting into a bedtime routine.  Book, change, nurse, swaddle, sing and rock, then into bed you go.  Lately I've been singing "Down to the River to Pray" from the movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" and "This is the Day the Lord has Made" from my childhood days at Catholic church.

"Down To The River To Pray"


As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good ol' way
And who shall wear the starry crown?
Good Lord show me the way!

O sisters (brothers, mothers, fathers) let's go down
Let's go down, come on down
O sisters let's go down
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good ol' way
And who shall wear the robe & crown?
Good Lord show me the way

O sinners, let's go down
Let's go down, come on down
O sinners, let's go down
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good ol' way
And who shall wear the robe and crown?
Good Lord show me the way 
 
"This is the Day"

This is the day the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad!
This is the day the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad! 
 
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his mercy endures for ever;
Let the house of Israel say: “His mercy endures for ever.” (Refrain)
 
 
I love you forever and ever my sweet son.  How good God is to have given you to me.  You amaze and delight me.  I love to watch you grow and move, to explore and learn.  I love you.
 
~Momma

 

No comments:

Post a Comment