Friday, May 2, 2014

6 months!

(I wrote this a few weeks ago and I guess I forgot to publish it?)

Dear future self,
If you do have another baby, and today I'm hoping you do, I just want to encourage you that the first 3 months are the hardest.  After 2-3 months things, like nursing and sleep and gas/spitting up, etc. start to figure themselves out and then by 5-6 months baby is SO MUCH FUN.

(Not so) little Sawyer is sweet joy.  He is 6 months tomorrow and is rolling both ways, smiling, giggling (once in a while), grabbing, and starting to sit up a bit.  He is interested in food and has enjoyed grabbing and smashing and gumming at slices of pears, banana, avocado, cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, and zucchini.  He is FINALLY napping more than 20 minute at a time in his crib and I am starting to get him into a routine.  Of course since I can't stay home all day, every day like I did with Quinn, I will have to start planning out our week with which mornings we will have outings (BSF, zoo, playgroup, friend's houses) and which we will stay home so that Sawyer can get that precious morning nap.  I feel guilty when I know he is tired and can't nap but I also want Quinn to have her time with friends.  Sawyer is my Chunky Monkey.  I'll add his stats after his doctor appt next week...

Weight:
Length:

Sawyer also got his bottom two teeth in on on March 21st, at 5.5 months old.
He rolled over from back to front on April 4th.

Little Sawyer, I love you, love you, love you.  I can't believe you are my son.  God is so good.




From my reading this month:


"It is one thing to read about and imagine the birth stories
of a hundred other women; it is quite another to witness a
brand-new being you have pushed out of your own body
cough and gasp his way to a first breath as lungs that have
never held oxygen before expand for the first time. It is one
thing to understand with your head that man was made in
his Father God’s image; it is quite another to look into the
crinkly eyes of a wailing infant and hear his cries soften as
you whisper, “I’m your mama” and you see your own image
imprinted over his profile.
It is sacred. It is bloody. It is real.
It is truth that climbs off the pages of Scripture and leaps
alive into your arms when theoretical beliefs in a Creator give
way to experiencing the act of creation."
 -Surprised by Motherhood, by Lisa-Jo Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment