Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sleep?

10 reasons I'm still getting no sleep even though Sawyer is now sleeping 8-10 hrs straight (yay!)

1) S goes to bed at 7:30p, if I were wise I'd go to bed at 9p, 10p at the very latest. But I'm still rolling into bed at 11:30 bc I have no self discipline to end my precious "alone" time by turning off the tv, iPhone, shower, conversation with husband, never ending kitchen clean up, etc.

2) Q wakes me up yelling for Daddy. I roll over and kick him awake bc he sleeps like a log.

3) All night- I wake up sweating, push off the down comforter and then wake up cold and pull it back on again. Hormones?

4) All night- Jeff snoring. I roll over and kick him, again.

5) The pesky need to pee even though I'm no longer pregnant.

6) Waking up bc I'm becoming uncomfortably full and ready to feed sweet, newly-longer-sleeping baby.

7) Waking up bc I think I hear one of the children crying when they aren't.

8) By this time (about 4-5 hours into my sporadic sleep) S wakes up to nurse.

9) What seems like only moments after getting myself back to sleep after feeding S, Jeff's alarm starts going off at a volume that could wake the neighbors. Once again, I roll over and kick him awake bc he could sleep through an earthquake.

10) Q wakes me up yelling for Mommy this time and my morning begins.

**Then there's always the occasional dog vomiting, neighborhood disturbance, remembering something to add to the grocery list, etc.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment