Monday, April 29, 2013

21 months!

My sister informed me that it has been a month since I last posted, so here I go with trying to catch up... :)

We took a wonderful trip to Orange Beach, AL a few weeks ago.  I'll post separately about that next. 

Quinn at 21 months is doing GREAT with potty training.  We are taking it slow but she has really caught on.  She wears underwear at home (with a vinyl waterproof cover) and tell me when she needs to use the potty.  Eventually we will take it to the next step and start trying underwear when we go places.  I feel like most of my days have been spent in the bathroom, cleaning up poop, and soaking underwear.  Quinn has really only had a few accidents but they can get pretty messy :p.  I really don't mind it though because I love watching her learn and feel proud and be successful.  We had such a fun time at Target a couple weeks ago picking out underwear.  Quinn picked out the "My Little Pony" ones and took all 7 of them out of the packaging one-by-one to look at while she sat in the cart.  She kept saying "ponies" and "big girl underwear".  And of course, they are adorable on her little booty.  :)

Other new developments-
Quinn can count 1-10 with someone helping.  She usually needs help with 1 and 7.  We have also been practicing learning the colors.  She knows the color words and one day while we were walking around the block she pointed to each car and said different colors, they usually weren't correct :), but she knew what the color words were.

Today we went to our favorite place to go to on a beautiful day- the zoo.  The weather has been mostly cold and rainy but today and yesterday were beautiful and we have been enjoying them immensely.  At the zoo we saw the peacock with his feathers open, they were so beautiful and vibrant, reminded me again of God's creativity and His glorifying creation that he invites us to share and be a part of with Him.

























No comments:

Post a Comment