Monday, April 1, 2013

12 Weeks

Today was my 12 week appointment with Sheila, my midwife.  She also delivered Quinn, so I always love talking with her.  She is wonderful.  We had a great appointment, Quinn did well playing and not causing too much trouble, except for when she was turning the doppler on and off while Sheila was trying to get the heart rate. :)  The heart rate was fast, abt 158, 160, so Shelia is guessing that it's a girl.  Well either way, I am excited because we get to (hopefully) find out in just 6 weeks!  May 13, the day after Mother's Day, is my sonogram.  I thought I'd have to wait until June when I was at least 20 weeks but because we are not doing the DS blood testing (bc of a high percentage of false positives) they will have me come in a little earlier to check everything. 

Sheila also said she is working on getting the hospital to allow water births again, which would be awesome if it gets approved before I give birth.  We visited the New Birth Company a few weeks ago and it was awesome.  They have these beautiful birthing bedrooms with tubs, and it seemed so nice and relaxing, like a spa. I would love to give birth there but I also really love Shelia, and Jeff feels more comfortable having me at the hospital because of the complications with Quinn's delivery.  Even though I believe that there was nothing that the hospital did with Quinn that the midwifes and nurses at the New Birth Co couldn't do, I don't want Jeff to feel uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment