Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Week

Today we had a fun Easter egg hunt at JW for playgroup.  As you hunted you opened each egg and shoved the jelly beans in your mouth as fast as you could, before I could take them away.  :)  You were so excited that all these eggs had treats in them!  I tried to explain the concept of collecting eggs in your basket first and opening them later but you didn't quite understand.  :)  Still, you got quite a few eggs and I managed to keep you from making yourself sick with sugar.  (And when we got home I switched the candy for craisins and animal crackers- still a big treat that you rarely get and better then straight candy.)

Then tonight we had our Seder Dinner at JW, which is probably my favorite thing about Holy Week.  You got to play with Jude in the childcare, they said he stopped crying when you got there.  And when we got home you were so cuddly and sweet.  Before I sang to you we said a prayer and you listened quietly and said "Amen" with me at the end.  Then when I rocked you and sang, you reached up and moved my face down so it was resting against your head, you had your arms and legs wrapped around me and your sweet little head against my chest.  I breathed you in deep and thanked God for such a gift. 


No comments:

Post a Comment