Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Conclusion of the Weaning Letter/ Trip to Springfield

Well, we are officially done nursing at a little over 19 months :(  We actually stopped about two weeks ago.  My supply was starting to dwindle and nursing was beginning to hurt, plus with the morning sickness I was having a hard time.  You had stopped asking for it in the morning and I was still offering, which then you were more then happy to nurse.  But most mornings you were up and ready to play so I just stopped bringing it up and you didn't seem to notice.  That is until last week when we went to Springfield to visit Mema and Ppa while Daddy was out of town for work.  The first couple of nights and mornings you kept asking to nurse.  It just about broke my heart to have to tell you "no, we are all done nursing, Mommy's milk is all gone."  I really wish I would keep producing milk and could just nurse you whenever you randomly asked for it or got sick.  But now you will have to settle for hugs and kisses and rocking and cuddles.

You are growing up so fast!  You are getting taller.  Your vocabulary is exploding and you are surprising us with words for things that we didn't even know that you knew.  I am so excited to see you interact with your little brother or sister next fall.  You are seriously the sweetest toddler I've ever met, you will run up to any kid or baby and say hi and wave and want to give them a hug and a kiss.  I pray that you stay this way even when the world is unkind.  I know kids will be mean or not want your hugs or people who just won't be friendly back... that can be so discouraging.  I know right now you don't seem to notice too much, but I've seen it start in your eyes when a kid pushes you away or when an adult ignores your "hi".  I know it's a part of life that I can't protect you from and that you will have to face and deal with.  But I hope you will continue to be loving to all the people around you despite how they may act toward you.  I certainly have a lot that I can learn from you, because this is surely something I struggle with. 

Back to last week in Springfield, you got to go Easter egg hunting for the first time!  Mostly you hunted empty eggs but every once in while I sneak in a jelly bean which would make you very excited. 






shoe shopping!


Bass Pro



You climbed all the way to the top and gave us a scare because we could hardly reach you.  
But you weren't scared at all!
  
Great Grandma and Grandpa's farm



No comments:

Post a Comment