Thursday, October 23, 2014

THE BEACH!! Sept.2014

The beach is my happy place.  I love it.  I love the warm, the sand, the water, reading books, sipping limaritas, drinking coffee, playing with the kids in the pool, walks on the beach with Kim, grilling, the awesome comfy luxurious condo, the balcony overlooking a beach, the dolphins, the hot tub.

We stayed here:

We had just arrived from our 14+ hr trip.  Quinn had already found the big whirlpool bath tub.  
Look how excited we are!


 Quinn's already exploring.
 We've already exploded all over the beautiful. peaceful bedroom.










12th floor, it was awesome, great amenities.  We stayed here in another awesome unit two years ago.  we shall return again and again.  We were there over the week of labor day and the weather was perfect- hot, sunny, only rained one morning.

Quinn loved the pool and loved making new friends with every little girl in the pool.
Q, 5 seconds after meeting someone:  "That's my new friend.  I don't need you any more."

I was so proud of her, watching her get braver and more courageous as the week went on.  She started holding on to us and by the end of the week she was swimming around in her life jacket or ring by herself and jumping into the pool to us, even getting her face wet.
Q: "I don't need you anymore, I have my ring."

 She did not like the ocean, very fearful when it came to even getting near it or even watching one of us get near it.  She would say frantically "Watch out for the ocean!  It's going to get you!  Come here now!"  And she really meant it.  However, by the end of the week I was able to hold her and walk out into the ocean and we played in the water for a few minutes.  She said: "Silly Ocean! You're trying to get me wet.  Silly Ocean! You got salt water in my mouth!"

Once we got back from the trip, when someone asked how she liked the beach she would say: "I was a little nervous about the ocean."

We went on a painfully-long-with-kids "dolphin cruise" but we did see some amazing dolphins jumping in our wake, following next to our boat.  We also went to this amazing outdoor restaurant called The Gulf.  It was gorgeous.

























































































And this pretty much sums up the drive home:


No comments:

Post a Comment